- Bucatini Pasta (or Spaghetti)
- 50 g Carrot
- 50 g Celery
- 25 g Onion
- 100 g Pancetta (or Bacon)
- Mixed Meat (Veal, Pork and Beef)
- 1 glass of White Wine (2 glasses if necessary)
- Stock (or Water)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper (or Red Pepper)
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Prepare a Soffritto of finely chopped or Brunoise vegetables with carrots, celery and onion. The Key is to sauté each vegetable separately until golden.
- Add chopped Pancetta or Bacon. Do not brown!
- Brown the mix of meat (veal, pork and beef). You can use chopped high quality meat, but if not available, use the ground meat. Make sure to sauté until it’s caramelized and the liquid disappears.
- Add a glass (or two if necessary) of white wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Let it simmer for about 3 hours while adding stock or water.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper or a dash of red pepper.
- Ass the pasta into boiling water – I like to use Bucatini or Spaghetti with this recipe. Cook until al dente.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Do not add tomato sauce! If you want you can add a spoon of tomato paste to the sauce in the beginning, but that is not necessary.