This is a quick easy salad especially if you have the fired wake to hand already.
- 1 fennel
- 2 orange
- 20g umeshu
- 1 packet dried wakame (dulse or other dried seaweeds work also)
- smoked salt
- 150g obione
- 1 lemon
- First off heat 100g of oil in a pan to 190c and fry off a small handful of wakame for about 30 seconds remove from oil onto paper to soak up oil.
- Slice on a mandolin or with a knife the fennel from the top to bottom (as opposed tossed to side) it is more palatable raw this way.
- Segment the oranges and make sure the obione is washed well.
- Toss the orange, fennel and obione in a bowl and dress with lemon juice, olive oil and smoked salt. Take a bowl and put the umeshu at the bottom with the salad on top, finish with the fried wakame.