- 1 Violet Carrot (preferably big and thick)
- 1 Yellow Carrot (preferably big and thick)
- 1 Orange Carrot (preferably big and thick)
- 600g White Wine Vinegar
- 3 pinches Ascorbic Acid
- Cut the carrots in julienne keeping the colors separate to cook them. Make a juice of each color separately with the trimmings adding the ascorbic acid to keep the color and avoid oxidizing.
- Boil 500g of water with 500g of white wine vinegar and salt. Cook the carrots for around 5-7 minutes starting from the clearer. It should be cooked but not mushy.
- Cool it down in a bath of iced water. Strain and keep in the juice of its color with a pinch of salt and the remaining white wine vinegar. Keep it in the fridge.
- 300g Olive Oil
- 100g Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10g Fine Salt
- 30g Mustard Dijon
- 2g grounded Black Pepper
- 10g Honey
Emulsify everything with a whisk (or a hand blender) and transfer to a squeezer. Keep it in the fridge.
- 200g Sunflower Oil
- 50g Green Cardamom
Toast the green cardamom in a hot iron pan for a few minutes. Add to the oil at 50°C and let it decant for about 5h. Strain it and transfer to a squeezer.
- 400g concentrated Tangerine Juice
- 8g Agar Agar
- Sieve the tangerine juice and mix with the agar agar in a pot. Bring to a boiling point then boil it for 30 seconds always stirring with a whisk.
- Transfer to a small metal tray and put it in the fridge until is solid.
- Blend it using a blender until it becomes a smooth and shiny gel. Transfer to a squeezer and keep it in the fridge.
- 500g Tangerine Juice
- A pinch of Ascorbic Acid
- 0,1g Xantham Gum
Add a pinch of ascorbic acid and the xantham gum into the tangerine juice. Blend it with a hand blender but avoid to create too much air. Sieve it. Transfer to a squeezer and keep in the fridge.
- Before serving, marinate the carrots in the vinaigrette for 5 minutes. Line them up over a tray with kitchen paper to absorb the excess of vinaigrette.
- Plate the carrots in a small rounded plate creating a shape of an “U”.
- In the middle of the carrots, pipe the tangerine gel.
- Put some drops of cardamom oil on top of the carrots.
- Put the tangerine concentrated in a small jar.
- At the table, pour the tangerine juice into the plate with the carrots.
quantity per person:
- 30g Carrots Julienne
- 25g Tangerine concentrated
For the tangerine concentrated, the same jar can be used for more than one person.