- 1 Pigeon
- Clarified Butter
- Maldon Salt
- Clean well the pigeon and burn it slightly to eliminate the finer feathers.
- Once this is done, pour boiling water 3 times on the skin. Then mature it by leaving to dry in the fridge for a week.
- To serve, start by steaming the pigeon first for about 3 minutes and then in a pan with clarified butter, mark the skin on the side of the breast. Leave to rest on the grill in the heat for at least 15 mins.
- Finish it by cooking on a hot plate and clarified butter. Cut the breast from the carcass and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Serve a breast per person by lacquering with some butter and maldon salt.
- 3kg firm Yellow Plums
- A pinch of Ascorbic Acid
- Make the juice from the plums without the core and add a pinch of ascorbic acid.
- Strain it using a cotton cloth and transfer to vacuum bags of more or less half liter each.
- Freeze it.
- Defrost it vertically until the water separates from the concentrate. With the help of long tweezers, divide the part of water and eliminate it, keeping only the concentrate.
- 300g Red Plum Juice
- Ascorbic Acid
- 1 very firm Red Plum
Cut the plum in brunoise. Dip in the juice and infuse it with the help of a vacuum machine until it becomes transparent.
- 1l Water
- 7g Alginate
- 300g Plums without the seed
- 100g of Butter
- 0.4g of Xantana
- 1g of Chlorur
- 20g Umeboshi Paste
- 20g Lemon Juice
- 500g Sugar
- For the alginate, blend the water with the alginate, sieve and let it rest for at least 12h.
- Cut the plums into pieces and cook them very slowly in a saucepan with the butter. Cook until it is soft.
- Then blend with the rest of the ingredients to obtain a smooth and delicately savory cream. Sieve it and fill the hemisphere molds of about 2cm in diameter. Freeze it.
- Remove them from the mold and make spherifications in alginate. Leave them for 2 minutes in the alginate and strain them with the help of a Chinese spoon in clean water.
- Once rinsed with water, place them gently on a sugar bed about 1,5cm thick. Cover them with more sugar and let them dry for about 1h in the refrigerator.
- Rinse with water and dry.
- 30g Pigeon Sauce
- 5g Plum Juice
At the time of serving add the juice to the sauce.
- 2kg Pigeon in small pieces
- 1 Carrot
- 2 White Onions
- 1 Garlic
- 1 bunch Thyme
- 400g Shallot
- 200g Butter
- 10l Water
- Chop the pigeon, carrot and onion in small pieces.
- Cute the shallots in julienne.
- Brown the pigeon until is completely caramelized. Add the butter, vegetables and thyme.
- Add the water when the vegetables are brown and there is no liquid remained. Bring it to a boiling point and simmer for 12 hours. Strain and reduce until it’s caramel consistency.