1. Hi Monica, can you tell us a little bit about yourself to begin with!
I’m a fashion editor turned travel journalist writing for various magazines such as Vogue, T: New York Times Style, Architectural Digest, and more.
2. Do you have a summer ritual?
Travel as much as possible!
3. Where is it you escape to habitually for true downtime? How long have you been going there and why?
No where I’m going habitually these days. I like to explore new places.
4. What’s a new summer escape you embarked on this summer?
5. What about the best to: do, see, stay, eat and drink at this particular escape?
Eat at La Marina, visit Palmarola by boat, stay at Chiaia di Luna
6. Do you have an anecdote or unforgettable memory to share?
Driving down to Famara beach in Lanzarote at sunset. Always magic.
7. Who are your favorite summer escape travel partners and why?
I love traveling by myself because I can go at my own pace. But otherwise I have a few close friends I’m always traveling around with who have a very go with the flow attitude. That’s a must in a good travel partner!
8. What about this summer’s read?
The Other Language by Francesca Marciano
9. And what film do you return to for the ultimate summer cinema experience?
La piscine, Roman Holiday and Pierrot le fou. Also Call me by your name or really just anything Luca Guadagnino
10. What does escape mean to you?
A brief respite from responsibilities!
11. Where are you hoping to head next?
Exploring more of France’s southwest.