This is a salad that one you have the almond ricotta done it simple and delicious. I always have some almond ricotta in the fridge because its super easy make, lasts a few days and dos with everything!
- 500g filtered water
- 500g blanched almonds
- 10g fresh almonds
- 1 cucumber
- 50 grams saltwort
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- maldon salt
- 1 piece fresh horseradish
- Combine the water and almonds and leave to soak in the fridge over night. The next day blend the mixture and pass through a fine sieve keeping the liquid and the pulp.
- Season the pulp with some salt and lemon zest this is your almond “ricotta” and the liquid is almond “milk” which should also be seasoned with a little salt and lemon juice.
- Next wash the mint, cucumber and saltwort make sure they are salad spun dry. Roughly chop the mint and cucumber and mix in a bowl with the saltwort, season this with olive oil, lemon juice and a little salt, not too much as the saltwort is already salty.
- To serve put a spoon of almond ricotta in a bowl followed by a few tablespoons of the milk, then put your seasoned salad on top and finish with some freshly grated horseradish.