rurugrafik defines itself as wearable graphics, aims to be expressed through vibrant colour and bold patterns. The Istanbul based brand founded by Rüya Ögü, harnesses premium quality fabrics with optimistic design and exuberant geometries to create environments that stimulate the senses and inspire joy.
- Tell us briefly about the identity and philosophy of your brand? How is it inspired and influenced by the cornerstones of the store this summer, craft, culture & creativity?
rurugrafik is all about colors, shapes and patterns, so Rüya uses the landscape as a platform of inspiration. Patterns that derive from nature, the shades that sun lays upon textures, and the colors of nature blossoming in the summer; they all become a part of the design process.
2. How is it tied to travel?
Since the product range of rurugrafik are mostly ‘’very expressive and very lightweight human-wrapping materials’’, it is very suitable to express one’s style by just wrapping and showing yourself through rurugrafik in any occasion or in any location.
3. For what reasons do you travel?
Travelling might be the food to my soul. I very much like to feel anonymous when I travel abroad, wandering the streets and places with the lightness of being nobody, it is a true escape and nurturing experience when I feel that.
4. What are some of your most unforgettable escapes that have shaped and inspired the identity of your brand?
My first trips to Barcelona and London were revelating. The art and design scenes were so intertwined, I felt I could combine them on some level in my life.
5. Where do you search for inspiration?
There are eras in my life that inspire me, there are times that I feel inspired by psychology, and the depth of our feelings that affect our lives, also there were times that I was inspired by a song, a builging or an artwork, it depends where I get triggered by an emotion.
6. What’s one piece from your own collection that you always bring on travels?
My Bad Decisions pareo is always with me, sometimes as a pareo, sometimes as a scaerf, or even as a picnic cloth. I am very proud of the color and pattern combination that it reflects.
7. What about a piece that’s perfect for a holiday on the Turkish riviera?
I think Hydra pareo would be the perfect companion. It has the turqoise, the craziness and the calmness that Turkish riviera has inside.
8. What are some of your favorite escapes here at home, hidden gems in Turkey?
Bodrum will always be my favorite place in the World, any shade of blue in Bodrum would be my little escape moment, but I have very sweet memories in Urla- Kekliktepe, having a sunset drink would amaze me on the silent hidden restaurants of Bozburun or on the hills of Çeşme, and seeing the mermaid statue in the middle of the sea of İngiliz Limanı in Gökova is just divine pleasure.
9. Share with us one of your favorite travel memories or anecdotes…
My favorite travel memory is my most recent one I guess, the moment my son passes to sleep in the car during sunset, right after a very playful day at the beach.
10. Favorite travel film or book?
Fellini or françoise Ozon films would take you to places if I may suggest, but I am a The Graduate junkie, nothing better than the pool scene.
11. Where are you dreaming of escaping to next?
Any Greek island
12. What does traveling mean to you?
Breaking the Daily routine and creating a new you built by experiences.