- Tell us briefly about the identity and philosophy of your brand? How is it inspired and influenced by the cornerstones of the store this summer, craft, culture & creativity?
The philosophy of my brand is bringing comfort and style together. This season, our color selection is in balance with cornerstones of the store and we are inspired by breezy summer nights.
2. How is it tied to travel?
At Lucky Palm, we are focusing on those “in-between” pieces of clothing; clothing that can be comfortable and chic which is essential for travel.
3. For what reasons do you travel?
I travel to explore and relax. Travel takes us out of our comfort zones and inspires us to see, taste and try new things. It also allows us to escape life’s daily demands.
4. What are some of your most unforgettable escapes that have shaped and inspired the identity of your brand?
My trips to Los Angeles have shaped the identity of my brand. I was inspired by the effortlessly chic and athletic style of the people around.
5. Where do you search for inspiration?
Inspiration is something that motivates you to be better and do better. My inspiration comes from my daily life, my family and friends…
6. What’s one piece from your own collection that you always bring on travels?
Venice Hoodie. With its light texture and built-in mask Venice hoodie is my go-to piece for everywhere.
7. What about a piece that’s perfect for a holiday on the Turkish riviera?
My denim shorts are essential and perfect for a holiday on the Turkish riviera.
8. What are some of your favorite escapes here at home, hidden gems in Turkey?
I think Bozburun and Selimiye are the hidden gems in Turkey that I am trying to visit every year.
9. Share with us one of your favorite travel memories or anecdotes…
Once there was an avalanche that closed off the road on our way to Val D’Isere and we were stuck for 16 hours in a car. This is obviously not a favorite but surely a memorable anecdote.
10. Favorite travel film or book?
Green Book is my favorite movie.
11. Where are you dreaming of escaping to next?
France. It is one of my favorite countries that I try to visit at least a few times a year. I was not able to travel for the past two years because of the pandemic, so my first destination will hopefully be the South of France.
12. What does traveling mean to you?
Travel means endless opportunities which brings me a strong feeling of freedom. It’s about being able to do what I want and fill my day with excitement. It means going places to truly explore, not just going places to say you’ve been there.