FOR THE CHOUX PASTRY
- 150g water
- 150g milk
- 6g sugar
- 6g salt
- 120g butter
- 180g all purpose flour
- 300g eggs
- In a pot add water, milk, sugar, salt and butter and btb.
- Add the flour, stir energetically until the moisture has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and place the dough in the mixer bin with the pedal attachment and beat until cool.
- Add in the eggs, one by one each time. When the batter is ready it should have a satin finish, like paint. If it is matte it is already dry, if it is shinny it is too wet.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag with pastry tip 9mm and pipe out small choux on line baking tray with silpad.
- Bake at 180c for 18’-20’.
FOR THE VANILLA CREAM
- 450g milk 3,5%
- 500g heavy cream
- 1 ea. fresh vanilla bean
- 1 ea. egg
- 60g egg yolks
- 60g sugar
- 50g corn starch
- In a pot add milk, heavy cream and fresh vanilla schratced and cut in small pieces at medium heat. When is hot mix with a hand blender to incorporate the vanilla bean. Strain through a strainer.
- Return to heat and bring to boil.
- In the meanwhile in a bowl mix cornstarch and sugar with a fouet. Add egg and yolks and mix well again.
- Pour in the eggs mixture the 1/3 of hot milk mixing well.
- Return mixture to the pot and bring to boil mixing very well until cream is set.
- Take off heat and lay cream in container. Cover with cling film touching the surface of the cream. Let cool in the fridge.
- Transfer cream in the mixer bin and beat for a minute with the paddle attachment until creamy. Transfer to piping bag.
FOR THE CARAMELIZED APPLES
- 200g red apples cut in cubes
- 90g sugar
- 40g water
- 1 pinch of cinnamon powder
- vanilla seeds from ½ vanilla bean
- Add all the ingredients in a pot at medium heat and cook until apples caramelized.
- Let cool.
FOR THE SALTED CARAMEL AND MILK CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 200g sugar
- 50g water
- 20g glucose
- 250g heavy cream 35%
- 180g milk chocolate 40% cut in small pieces
- 2g fleur de sel
- In a pot heat heavy cream.
- In another pot add sugar, water and glucose at medium heat and cook until 180c.
- Pour into the caramel the hot heavy cream in 3 steps mixing constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Pour caramel in the chocolate. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Incorporate well with a hand blender.
- Add fleur de sel and mix with a spatula.
- Fill 5 choux with the vanilla cream.
- In the middle of a plate add caramelized apples.
- Top up with the filled choux.
- Finish with the hot caramel sauce.
- Optional serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.