- 3 tbsp of salmon roe
- 3 tbsp of crème fraîche
- 85g of plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 150ml of milk
- 25g of cream cheese
- clarified butter, or vegetable oil
- 115g of mashed potatoes, warm
- To make the blinis, place the flour in a bowl with the salt and nutmeg. Stir in the egg and egg yolk, then whisk in the milk until the mix is smooth.
- Ensuring the potato is free from lumps, add to a pan or microwave and gently warm through. Fold the warm potato and the cream cheese into the batter to combine, cover and leave to rest in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- To cook the blinis, add a dash of clarified butter or vegetable oil to a non-stick pan. Place on a medium heat and add a level tablespoon of the batter to the pan for each blini. Cook until golden on the bottom, then carefully turn over and cook to achieve a uniform colour all over.
- Remove the blinis from the pan and place on kitchen towel to absorb any excess oil. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve the blinis with a quenelle of crème fraîche on the side and salmon roe.