For chocolate ganache
- 1200 gr. Heavy cream
- 1200 gr. Fresh milk
- 880 gr. Glucose
- 2400 gr. Chocolate (70%)
- 70 gr. Gelatin sheets
For candied cacao nibs
- 750 gr. cacao nibs
- 500 gr. sugar
- 250 gr. water
For cacao nib shells ice cream
- 1 lt. fresh milk
- 200 gr. Cacao nib shells
- 150 gr. Heavy cream
- 104 gr. Sugar
- 30 gr. Inverted sugar
- 3 gr. Stabilizer
- 80 gr. Egg yolks
For cacao mucilage gelatin
- 4 kg. cacao mucilage
- 28 U gelatin sheets
For herbs of the surroundings granita
- 290 gr. Herbs of the cacao surroundings (coriander, lemon verbena, lemongrass)
- 155 gr. Sugar
- 500 gr Water
- 100 gr Lime juice
For cacao shell mousse
- 800 gr. Cacao shell pure
- 400 gr. Chocolate
- 334 gr. Egg yolks
- 160 gr. Eggs
- 300 gr. Sugar
- 1220 gr. Heavy cream
- 10 gr. Gelatin sheet
Preparing chocolate ganache
- Mix the heavy cream the milk and the glucose together and simmer over low heat
- Add the chocolate into a bowl and melt with the preheated mixture of liquids
- Hydrate the gelatin sheets and add to the chocolate mixture
- Pack in piping bags.
Preparing candied cacao nibs
- Take the sugar and the water in a pot to 118 C.
- Add the cacao nibs and stir quickly to crystallize all the exterior of the nibs
- Cool down over silpats
Preparing cacao nib shells ice cream
- Infuse the milk with the cacao nib shells and strain
- In a big pot mix the cacao nib shell infusion with the heavy cream.
- Take the mixture to 42C and add the stabilizer with a quarter of the sugar.
- Miz the egg yolks and the rest of the sugar and add the inverted sugar.
- Add a Little bit of the heated milk mixture to the egg yolks and then return everything to the pot again
- Stir over medium heat till it reaches 84 C.
- Strain and add over Paco jet containers and let it freeze.
Preparing cacao mucilage gelatin
- Heat the mucilage
- Add the pre hydrated gelatin sheet
- Strain and let it cool till it sets.
- Break with a mixer achieving small pieces.
Preparing herbs of the surroundings granita
- Take the water and the sugar to a boil and add the lime juice.
- Blend this mixture with the herbs and strain.
- Freeze in a vacuum bag.
- Blend very fast in a blender achieving a fine crushed ice.
- Reserve in a freezer.
Preparing cacao shell mousse
- Cook the cacao shells over simmering simple sirup for 3 hours.
- Blend and strain the pure.
- Stir the heavy cream until stiff
- Stir together the egg yolks the eggs and the sugar achieving stiff peaks.
- Add the pre hydrated gelatin to the cacao shell pure and take over low heat.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix the cacao shell pure with the egg mixture and then the melted chocolate.
- At the end softly incorporate the heavy cream and let all the mixture chill in the fridge
- Place the four different containers in four different plates and add the candied cacao nibs on top of the ganache.