For squash foam
- 2 kg butternut squash
- 0,5 L heavy cream
- 0,3 kg butter
For river scampi sauce
- 5 kg river shrimps
- 1 kg onion
- 0,5 kg carrot
- 1 kg tomato
- 0,5 kg leeks
- 0,2 kg garlic
- 0,05 kg fresh spicy chili pepper
- 0,3 kg celery
- 0,3 kg vegetable oil
- 0,3 kg butter
For squash skin crisps
- 2 kg squash (pick any squash with firm green skin)
- 1 L vegetable oil
- 3 kg avocado
- 100 u river shrimp tails
- 1 kg squash foam
- 400 gr shrimp sauce
- Squash skin crisps
Preparing squash foam
- Cook the squash over a grill and burn all the skin
- Open the squash and remove the skin from the flesh
- Finish to cook the squash meat on the oven
- Blend together the squash meat with the heavy cream (use only the cream needed to blend smoothly not all the 500 gr) ad salt. And emulsify with butter
- Add the pure into a syphon and charge.
- Reserve at a bain de marie for the service.
Preparing river scampi sauce
- Bake the heads and skins of the river shrimps in the oven at 200 c
- Cut the vegetables in brunoised and poach them gently together till you achieve a concentrated paste, add the baked shrimps and add water till it covers
- Cook for 1 hour and blend all together to get all the coral flavor of the head
- Strain and reduce till the flavor is concentrated.
- Reserve for the service with cold butter to emulsify at the moment of the platting.
Preparing squash skin crisps
- With a knife peel the skin of the squash. Trying to obtain a portion of skin of 8 cm x 5 cm.
- Scratch from the skin the most squash meat that you can.
- With a mandolin slice lengthwise the skin rectangles achieving strips of 8 cm long
- Fry over heated oil 180 c. add salt.
- Reserve dry for service.
- Cut the avocado into dices of 2 cm x 2 cm. add salt and olive oil
- Place in the bottom of the dish 4 dices of avocado.
- Cut the shrimp tails in half (or in 3 pieces if to big) and torch them till they are charred on the outside and warm on the inside.
- Throw them into the sauce and emulsify with butter.
- Place 4 o 5 pieces of scampi over the avocados.
- Cover everything with squash foam and cover with the squash skin crisps.