- 70 grams water
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 287 grams heavy cream
- 47 grams butter
- 130 grams butterscotch chips
- 41 grams truffle oil
- 8 grams maldon salt
- Add water and sugar into a very clean saucepan and on medium flame bring to a simmer.
- Keep simmering until a medium caramel color is achieved.
- Lower the flame to very low and add the heavy cream while stirring with a whisk, than stir in the butter and butterscotch chips and truffle oil to create an emulsion.
- Remove from the heat and continue stirring, add the salt and drain through a sieve.
- You can cool for immediately use by placing in a mixing bowl sitting over an ice water bath.
- Serve drizzled over your favorite vanilla ice cream