- 360g tagliolini (fresh or dry)
- 80g butter
- 60g parmesan grated
- 1 white truffle 2-3 ounces/ 55-85 grms
- Salt for cooking pasta
INGREDIENTS for Fresh Pasta Tagliolini (skip this step if using store-bought pasta)
- 100 g (3.53 oz) all purpose flour, or 00 flour
- 100 g (3.53 oz) semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
METHOD of Fresh Pasta Tagliolini (skip this step if using store-bought pasta)
- Sift the semolina flour with the all purpose flour, place it on a wooden board and make a well in the centre. Break the eggs in the centre of the flour, add a pinch of salt and pour in the extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix the flours and the eggs with a fork, then start kneading the dough, until the dough is soft, elastic and it doesn’t stick to your fingers anymore. You’ll need about 10 minutes.
- Let it rest for about 30 minutes at room temperature, wrapped in cling film or covered with a bowl.
- After the resting time, roll out the dough: you can use a classic rolling-pin or the pasta maker. The most important thing, either you’re using the rolling-pin or the pasta maker, is to keep rolling and flipping and rolling and flipping until you get a dough that is paper-thin.
- Let the pasta sheets dry on a wooden surface dusted with semolina flour for about 20 minutes, then cut them into thin noodles. Arrange them well apart on the wooden surface or on a large tray to dry.
- Put a pan of water on to boil. Add salt when it starts to boil and bring to the boil again. Cook the tagliolini as per the instructions on the packet until they are ‘al dente’. Save some of the cooking water before draining. If using fresh pasta, quickly cook for a minute or so.
- In the meantime wipe the truffle with a damp cloth to remove any soil particles and grate half of it.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan until it foams.
- Add the grated truffle to the butter and 1 or 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the butter, sprinkle with some grated Parmesan and cook over a gentle heat for a minute whilst stirring the pasta to coat it with the sauce.
- Divide the pasta among 4 warmed plates, sprinkle a little more Parmesan onto the pasta and finally shave the remaining truffle over the top of the dish.
- Serve immediately.
In order to shave the truffle correctly you will need to have a special tool called a truffle/chocolate shaver.