A sublime start to a meal, Jerusalem artichokes are rich and nutty, potato-like vegetables that are only in season for a short period of time. It is the perfect winter warmer and an elegant starter to any meal.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 1000g of Jerusalem artichoke, peeled and finely sliced
- 50g of unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- 800ml of whole milk
- 800ml of water
- Handful of wild mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- White pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pan with a splash of oil.
- Add the artichokes and a pinch of salt and cook, covered, over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, until the artichokes are cooked but not colored.
- Add the milk and water, then cover with a tight fitting lid and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Sauté the mushrooms in olive oil and season with salt and white pepper.
- Blitz the soup in a blender and pass through a fine mesh sieve.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and add mushrooms and fresh grated truffle.