- 320g of Milk
- 133g Sugar
- 66g Fine Semolina
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/5 Vanilla
- 6 filo pastry sheets 7 cm by 7 cm
- 6 filo pastry sheets 6 cm by 6 cm
- 6 filo pastry sheets 5 cm by 5 cm
- 6 filo pastry sheets 4 cm by 4 cm
- 3 tbsp of Melted Butter and a brush
- Parchment Paper
for the syrup:
- 50g water
- 50g sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 springs of Lavender
- 3 fresh and ripe Apricots cut in half, stones removed and then in wedges about 1 cm thick.
- Start with the filo pastry. Line up and butter the filo one by one squares and place them on a parchment paper and bake at 180c for around 15 mins depends on your oven or until they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile make your lavender stock syrup by adding all ingredients in a pan and bring them to the boil and then turn the heat off and pour the hot stock syrup on the hot cooked filo pastry and keep it on a wire rack so it dries out again and still be crispy but sweet and trim the filo pastry if needed.
- Bring the milk to the boil and add the semolina. Whisk constantly until it boils and gets thick. Then whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl and the vanilla. Take the milk mix off the heat and slowly start adding the egg and sugar mix whilst you whisking continuously. Then you add the butter and mix until is all emulsified in the mix. You leave the mix to cool down but mix it every 5 minutes so it will not have a crust on top.
- When is completely cold you whip the cream with a whisk and place in piping bags till needed.
Place the first filo pastry on the bottom of the plate and with a pipping bag pipe the filling in the middle of the plate and place all around the apricots. Then turning clockwise by ¼ of the clock place the next filo pastry and do the same process and then once more repeat the process and at the end.