- 1×8 inch pie dish across are baked for (The puff pastry is 290g -150g for the base 140g for the lid, roll out the base a little bit thicker and the lid thinner-)
- You will need approx 300g puff pastry rolled out to approx 3mm thick (Now you can either have just a top or a base and top if you like, for the base its slightly smaller so roll out a piece approx 140g and the lid at 160g as its has more surface area to cover. You can have these rolled out and rested in the fridge ready)
- 260g chopped leek washed in cold water
- 120g finely diced onion
- 40g butter
- 100g smoked bacon lardons
- A pinch of dried thyme leaves or a tsp of fresh
- 2g salt
- 12 turns of milled pepper
- 8g Plain flour
- 150ml chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 250g cooked left over roast chicken (Meat can be leg or breast or both, roughly flaked in large pieces)
- Place a shallow pan onto a low med heat and add the butter when it has melted add the onion, thyme, salt, pepper and cook with a lid on the pan so the onions sweat and they don’t colour. Cook them for 4-5 minutes slowly with no colour, stirring them now and again.
- Add the leek and bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes slowly still with the lid on the pan, remove the lid and add the flour cook out for 1 minute stirring then add the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, cook for 2-3 minutes then add the double cream.
- Bring to a simmer and add the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave to cool, add the chopped parsley and place this in to your pie dish.
- Then if you have a base, seal it with the top around the edges by crimping it with a fork or your fingers, or just place over the lid. Brush on a little egg wash and place into the oven for 35 minutes at 180c.